Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Canungra Cup

The first day of the Canungra Cup dawned overcast and drizzly - nothing like a paragliding competition to awake the rain gods....

Day two was at Hinchcliffes launch - and I spent an hour scratching around in front of launch before heading to the bomb-out field....

Day three saw us heading to Beechmont, where we waited around in the drizzle. Eventually the drizzle dissipated and we launched into grey skies.... About ninety minutes was spent scratching around launch until I got sufficiently frustrated and headed south, only to land in a field of weeds with lots of seeds that stuck to anything and everything.
From Travels
Day four was fine and sunny with a light norwest, so we headed to Mt Tamborine. I managed to fly 11.4km - so I was happy to escaped the bomb-out zone....

Days five and six were wet and overcast or had thunderstorms forecast - so no flying...

Day seven saw us back at Beechmont in grey conditions. After an hour of frustration scratcing in front of launch I lobbed myself over the back hoping to catch a thermal but instead landed in the Flying Fox valley 100 metres short of escaping the 5km bomb-out zone...
From Travels
Day eight dawned brilliantly clear an saw us heading to Beechmont again. I launched in 6oth position, climbed out and immediately headed towards a thermal coming out of the Flying Fox valley. Soon I was pulling "big ears" to get out of cloud and I was on glide! 64km later I landed at Lake Moogera very happy!

Results and videos from the competition.
From Travels
Team Kiwi

No comments: